Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
The government of India launched the PMKVY on 16 July 2015. The aim of the scheme is to encourage the aptitude of the youngsters towards technical or non-technical employable skills. With the help of this scheme, the candidates can get the certifications and training to get a skilled job and to earn better.
This scheme is a flagship scheme of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), which has been launched to offer skill training to 10 million youth during the period 2016 -2020. The training offered under this scheme will be based on the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and industry led standards. The candidates who will enroll in this scheme to get the training under PMKVY will be exempted from paying any fee. So the scheme will help those candidates too who want to get skilled training but due financial issues cannot get it. 12th class dropouts or 10th pass students can enroll in PMKVY to develop their skill set.
As per the document released by the officials of GOI for PMKVY, the objective of this scheme is to encourage and promote Skill Development for the youth throughout the country. The scheme was launched to Enable and mobilize large numbers of youth to take up industry designed quality skill training, to increase the productivity of the present workforce by offering them training and a certificate too.
As we stated above that the PMKVY TPs also helps the trainees in placements. The scheme not only offers technical, non-technical training to the trainees along with soft skill training but it also creates employment and job opportunities as per the market needs.
The PMKVY center takes every possible effort to provide placement opportunities to candidates, trained and certified under the Scheme. The TPs are also instructed to provide support to entrepreneurship development if any trainee is interested in it.
Eligibility Criteria for PMKVY Courses
- Candidates from almost all the states can get benefited from this scheme. As per the government, any unemployed youth or, school/college dropouts can enroll in this scheme.
- Applicant must possess an Aadhaar card and a bank account to apply in PMKVY.
- It’s must for the candidate to have a verifiable alternate ID such as PAN or Voter ID (applicable only for the states of North-East region and J&K – Additional IDs may be added from time to time).
- SSC can also define any other criteria for the respective job roles.
- College students are not considered as an eligible candidate to apply for PMKVY. Additionally, in case of corporates or factory premises, candidates cannot be their own employees or daily wagers.